How links are chosen for GalaxyNews.gr Online
GalaxyNews.gr includes links to both internal (galaxynews.gr) and external (non-galaxynews.gr) websites. We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from and are suitable for the likely audience.
These links are included for a number of reasons, including:
· for further relevant information or other key source material
· for background information
· for useful practical information
· for entertainment or enjoyment
· for further informed comment
We do not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind.
We link to sites purely on editorial merit. These will most often be free to access, but users may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing content.
the galaxynews.gr homepage does not accept submissions or requests. the homepage team selects links and evaluates websites on the basis of editorial relevance.
Links to external websites
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, the galaxynews.gris not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:
· the galaxynews.gr does not produce them or maintain/update them
· the galaxynews.gr cannot change them
· they can be changed without the galaxynews.gr’s knowledge or agreement.
some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.
The inclusion of a link to an external website from GalaxyNews.gr should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).
Links to user generated material
Some of the content we link to on both galaxynews.gr sites and external ones is generated by members of the public (messageboardsand photo-sharing sites for example). The views expressed are those of the public and unless specifically stated are not those of the galaxynews.gr. If you consider this content to be in breach of the house rules as indicated on the website, please alert the moderators or site owners on the sites where the material appears.
Sign posts and content information
Increasingly, GalaxyNews.gr is making more video and audio content available online (via a video or radio player). The galaxynews.gr online guidelines state:
· Any material on the galaxynews.grhomepage must be suitable for a general audience including children.
· The first click from the galaxynews.gr homepage should not normally lead straight to a page which includes material which is unsuitable for a general audience.
Where appropriate, users are informed of the nature of the material they might expect to see or hear by clear labelling on destination pages and on the video or radio players.